GZERO Media is seeking a creative and passionate managing editor to lead our editorial team and execute a growth vision for gzeromedia.com and our flagship newsletter, Signal. This position is based in New York and reports to the CEO.
The ideal candidate has experience and credibility covering international politics; a strong vision and unique approach to developing and executing compelling work that connects with audiences; and success in articulating and driving digital editorial strategy.
You are a collaborative leader who will manage a small team of writers in a dynamic, news-cycle driven environment. You are comfortable with the demands of a fast-paced newsroom, including tight deadlines and sometimes long hours. This is a hands-on position that will involve writing and editing as much as strategic planning and management. You have strong news judgment, with clear convictions about what stories to cover every day of the week, and how to approach them with our unique perspective and voice.
You are digitally savvy, commercially sensitive, and oriented towards incorporating audience and product data into strategic planning. You measure success through both editorial excellence and commercial performance. In addition to GZEROMedia.com, we are dedicated to being everywhere our audience is, so a keen understanding of all social media platforms and how to most effectively achieve discoverability, is key to the role. As a senior member of the GZERO team, you will also have a voice in all expressions of the brand, including videos, podcasts, events and more.
Ultimately, we're looking for a colleague who shares our commitment to making sense of global politics without ideology. You can think outside of the box and challenge the team to push creative boundaries and take risks while making sure we meet and exceed the daily grind of traffic goals and always keep the trains moving on time.
- 10+ years of editorial experience in digital media, including at least 5 years of experience as an editor
- You have respect and credibility covering and analyzing international politics
- You're a skilled writer and editor
- You're an experienced and respected manager
- You possess a rare combination of right-brain strategic thinker and left brain creative enthusiast
- You have a deep understanding of how content is consumed and distributed online and via social and search platforms, with a particular emphasis on SEO
- You're a good communicator, with colleagues and with outside audiences, in person and in prose
- You're highly organized, pay careful attention to detail, and are a dedicated forward planner
GZERO Media is a company dedicated to providing the public with intelligent and engaging coverage of global affairs. It was created in 2017 as a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, the world's leading political risk analysis firm. Our coverage takes many forms on digital media and broadcast television. Find us at gzeromedia.com.
Start date: ASAP with full benefits.
Perks of working at GZERO Media:
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around the analysis and explanation of international politics.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – The firm contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.