Podcast: How cyber diplomacy is protecting the world from online threats
Listen: Just as bank robbers have moved from physical banks to the online world, those fighting crime are also increasingly engaged in the digital realm. Enter the world of the cyber diplomat, a growing force in international relations specifically focused on creating a more just and safe cyberspace.
In season 2 of Patching the System, we're focusing on the international systems and organizations of bringing peace and security online. In this episode, we're discussing the role of cyber diplomats, the threats they are combatting, and how they work with public and private sectors to accomplish their goals.
Our participants are:
- Benedikt Wechsler, Switzerland's Ambassador for Digitization
- Kaja Ciglic, Senior Director of Digital Diplomacy at Microsoft.
- Ali Wyne, Eurasia Group Senior Analyst (moderator)
GZERO’s special podcast series “Patching the System,” produced in partnership with Microsoft as part of the award-winning Global Stage series, highlights the work of the Cybersecurity Tech Accord, a public commitment from over 150 global technology companies dedicated to creating a safer cyber world for all of us.
- Podcast: Cyber Mercenaries and the digital “wild west" ›
- Attacked by ransomware: The hospital network brought to a standstill by cybercriminals ›
- Hacked by Pegasus spyware: The human rights lawyer trying to free a princess ›
- The threat of CEO fraud and one NGO's resilient response ›
- Podcast: Foreign Influence, Cyberspace, and Geopolitics - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: Cyber mercenaries and the global surveillance-for-hire market - GZERO Media ›
- Why privacy is priceless - GZERO Media ›
- Would the proposed UN Cybercrime Treaty hurt more than it helps? - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: Can governments protect us from dangerous software bugs? - GZERO Media ›