Podcast: How we got here: Evaluating 1619 and US history with Nikole Hannah-Jones
Listen: When Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times journalist Nikole Hannah Jones published the “1619 Project” in 2019, not even she could have predicted its cultural impact. It’s hard to think of another piece of modern journalism that has garnered such praise while also sparking such intense outrage. Now, her new book, The 1619 Project: A New Origin Story, expands upon her initial work. She joins Ian Bremmer for an in-depth look at how she’s trying to reshape US history, and the backlash it has caused.Subscribe to the GZERO World Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your preferred podcast platform, to receive new episodes as soon as they're published.
- Nikole Hannah-Jones pushes back against "disqualifying" 1619 ... ›
- The Graphic Truth: What Americans are most, least divided on ... ›
- The Graphic Truth: Black representation in the US Congress ... ›
- Breathing while Black: WaPo's Karen Attiah on racial injustice ... ›
- The problem with China’s Zero COVID strategy | GZERO World Podcast - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: Antisemitism's tragic persistence - GZERO Media ›