How should athletes protest at the Olympics?
For Dick Pound, the longest serving member of the International Olympic Committee, protesting at the Games is fine — as long as it doesn't "interfere" with the competition itself or awards ceremonies. The Olympics, in his view, are an oasis of calm in the middle of an increasingly tense world, and "we shouldn't be spoiling that by pointing out the obvious , which is that there are social and political problems." Watch his interview with Ian Bremmer on the latest episode of GZERO World on US public television.
- Olympics corner: Belarusian defection - GZERO Media ›
- How political sports boycotts (really) work - GZERO Media ›
- The Graphic Truth: Racial diversity in US professional sports ... ›
- Are the Tokyo Olympics cursed? - GZERO Media ›
- US women soccer team’s fight for equal pay "because we're clearly the dominant team" - GZERO Media ›