Podcast: How we avoid irreversible damage & "total disaster": The UN chief's warning for a world experiencing multiple crises
Listen: The UN's blueprint for making the world a better place is on life support. The pandemic wiped out years of progress on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and right now there's no way they'll be met by 2030. On the GZERO World podcast, Ian speaks with UN Secretary-General António Guterres at the United Nations headquarters just ahead of this year’s General Assembly. Their one-on-one conversation ranges from rescuing the SDGs, the war in Ukraine to global food insecurity, climate change, and authoritarianism on the rise; but Guterres sees signs of hope amid these converging crises. Guterres is known for bluntly stating the dangers we’re facing—and the need for immediate action.Subscribe to the GZERO World Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your preferred podcast platform, to receive new episodes as soon as they're published.
- UN Chief António Guterres: nations no longer trust each other ... ›
- Guterres on virtual UNGA: “Huge loss in efficiency” for diplomacy ... ›
- An interview with UN Secretary-General António Guterres - GZERO ... ›
- Podcast: What happens when we take water for granted - GZERO Media ›
- UN Chief: Urgent global problems can't be fixed until Ukraine war ends - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: UN Secretary-General António Guterres explains why peace in Ukraine is his top priority - GZERO Media ›