Can surveillance prevent the next pandemic?
February 20, 2023
While the Munich Security Conference was dominated by discussions about the ongoing war in Ukraine, there were many other critical issues on the table as the world faces converging crises. One of them was health security, and how nations can apply the lessons of the COVID pandemic to future public health threats.
On the sidelines of the 2023 MSC, GZERO’s Tony Maciulis spoke to Francis deSouza, CEO of the biotech company Illumina, about how countries and regions can better communicate to stop the spread of new pathogens and the road ahead for the rapidly growing genomics industry.
From Your Site Articles
- What We’re Watching: The perfect city, cities vs nations, the post-pandemic planning problem ›
- War in Europe is top priority at Munich Security Conference ›
- The Ugly Politics of COVID-19's Birth ›
- How the Moderna vaccine works, why it’s effective, and how it’ll be distributed ›
- Crispr Gene Editing - GZERO Media ›