Listen: Stanford historian Niall Ferguson joins Ian Bremmer on the GZERO World podcast to talk about the geopolitics of disaster. Throughout human history we seem to be unable to adequately prepare for catastrophes (natural or human-caused) before they strike. Why is that? And as we emerge from the greatest calamity of our lifetimes in the COVID-19 pandemic and look to the plethora of crises that climate change has and will cause, what can we do to lessen the blow?
- Niall Ferguson: Blame bureaucrats, not leaders, for mismanaging ... ›
- Podcast: Journalist Barkha Dutt on India's COVID calamity - GZERO ... ›
- Podcast: The LSE's Minouche Shafik on how to fix our broken ... ›
- Podcast: Elizabeth Kolbert on extreme climate solutions - GZERO ... ›
- The surprising history of disaster - GZERO Media ›