Can ‘Lula,’ the hero of Brazil’s left, unseat Bolsonaro?
The political legend Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, known to all as "Lula," is the likely challenger to Jair Bolsonaro in Brazil's 2022 presidential elections. Lula is an old acquaintance of Fernando Henrique Cardoso, Brazil's former president and elder statesman, who discussed Lula's political prospects in an interview with Ian Bremmer on GZERO World. "I know Lula very well, for a long time. And Lula, from that time on has been convinced he has a destiny to be the leader of the nation, still," said Cardoso. "I don't know now what will occur in the coming elections. He's convinced he will be he again, the candidate."
Watch the episode: Brazil on the brink
- Lula vs Bolsonaro: A clash of titans in Brazil - GZERO Media ›
- Lula's comeback upends Brazilian politics; Senegal's dicey situation ... ›
- Brazil's own Godzilla vs Kong | PUPPET REGIME - GZERO Media ›
- lula da silva ›
- Haitian president's killing reflects unprecedented rise in violence - GZERO Media ›
- Yes, a January 6 could happen in Brazil - GZERO Media ›