Ian interviews Scott Galloway: the ChatGPT revolution & tech peril
Note: This interview appeared as part of an episode of GZERO World with Ian Bremmer, "The AI arms race begins: Scott Galloway’s optimism & warnings" on February 20, 2023.
Hollywood has long predicted the blurring of lines between humans and machines, but now, with OpenAI's Dall-E-2 and ChatGPT pushing the boundaries of generative AI, the question becomes: Will the movie that is AI be a rom-com or horror? On GZERO World with Ian Bremmer, tech expert and NYU Professor Scott Galloway warns of the dangers of AI-powered social media platforms like Facebook and TikTok, which are collecting vast amounts of data that could be used for espionage and propaganda.
Galloway believes that the younger generation may be manipulated by these platforms without even realizing it. He also addresses extreme political polarization in America, which he attributes to social media, and suggests mandatory national service to bring young people together and build relationships.
But AI is not all bad news. Galloway believes that generative AI-powered search and social media data sets could be used to predict trends and inform decision-making, potentially revolutionizing industries like healthcare and defense.
Watch GZERO World with Ian Bremmer every week on US public television and on gzeromedia.com.
- AI's search revolution: How ChatGPT will be your new search engine ›
- Scott Galloway on population decline and the secret sauce of US success ›
- Podcast: Why Scott Galloway is “cautiously optimistic” about AI - but not TikTok or Meta ›
- The AI arms race begins: Scott Galloway’s optimism & warnings ›
- TikTok is the ultimate propaganda tool, says tech expert Scott Galloway ›