Expect Biden's first European trip to drive concrete steps with G7, EU
Carl Bildt, former Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Sweden, shares his perspective from Europe:
What do you expect from President Biden's first European trip since taking office?
Well, first, it will be sort of reconnecting with Europe, reconnecting with the European Union, with NATO, with the partners in the G7, and going really from the initial message, which was, "we are back," to a more concrete message, "here is what we could potentially do together." That is the expectations. And let's see how it turns out.
What are the big topics on the agenda of the G7 summit?
Well, obviously, fighting the pandemic will have to be the number one topic. And there good messaging coming out on the sharing of vaccine doses, although should preferably happened yesterday, but that's the way the world is. Then I think there will be more cooperation that is needed on climate. There need to be concrete efforts in order to have a successful COP26 meeting in November. And then by necessity, there will be quite a lot of discussion on China.
- Biden-Putin summit: US wants predictability; G7's strong COVID ... ›
- The Graphic Truth: Two different pandemics - EU vs US - GZERO ... ›
- Biden says “America is back” on climate — do others buy it ... ›
- What We're Watching: Biden meets Boris, Iranian ships in the ... ›
- GZERO event highlights: IMF chief, G7 vaccine pledges, global ... ›
- Biden & G7 take on China - GZERO Media ›
- Biden and G7 take on China - GZERO Media ›
- Biden wants Putin out - GZERO Media ›