Hasty US pullout led to Afghan government collapse, says exiled official
As the August 31 deadline approaches for the US to get out of Taliban-held Afghanistan, one Afghan official in exile says the pullout could have been "better managed and thought through." For Ajmal Ahmady, the former central bank chief who went viral for his Twitter thread about the country's finances, the withdrawal may have been a strategic choice for America — but the hasty way it was implemented teed up the collapse of the government he was once a part of. Watch Ahmady's interview on an upcoming special episode of GZERO World.
- The Graphic Truth: Whose troops are still in Afghanistan? - GZERO ... ›
- Afghanistan: Four key failures - GZERO Media ›
- Afghan activist: Taliban don't have a plan to run Afghanistan ... ›
- Don't blame Afghan army for Taliban takeover: Pashtana Durrani ... ›
- Taliban, Afghan people face economic collapse, says former central bank chief - GZERO Media ›