GZERO Media, a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, is a rapidly growing, award-winning content company bringing fresh, informative, and nonbiased global affairs analysis to our international audience. We are currently seeking a creative and passionate Managing Editor to lead our editorial team and execute a growth vision for our flagship newsletter, Signal.
The ideal candidate has experience and credibility covering international politics, a strong vision and unique approach to developing and executing compelling work that connects with audiences, and success in articulating and driving digital editorial strategy.
He/She/They are a collaborative leader who will manage a small team of writers in a dynamic, news-driven environment and will be comfortable with the demands of a fast-paced newsroom, including tight deadlines and sometimes long hours. This is a hands-on position that will involve writing and editing as much as strategic planning and management. Strong news judgment is a must, along with clear convictions about what stories to cover every day of the week, and how to approach them with GZERO's unique perspective and voice.
The right person for this role is digitally savvy, commercially sophisticated, and oriented towards incorporating audience and product data into strategic planning. They measure success through both editorial excellence and commercial performance.
In addition to GZEROMedia.com, we are dedicated to being everywhere our audience is, so a keen understanding of all social media platforms and how to most effectively achieve discoverability is key to the role.
Ultimately, we're looking for a colleague who shares our commitment to making sense of global politics without ideology. Someone who thinks outside of the box and challenges the team to push creative boundaries and take risks while making sure we meet and exceed the daily grind of traffic goals, always delivering a top-quality product.
- 10+ years of editorial experience in digital media, including at least 5 years of experience as an editor
- Established credibility covering and analyzing international politics
- Excellence in writing, editing, and reporting
- Experience as a people manager
- Strategic thinking and understanding of how to grow a newsletter audience
- Deep knowledge of how content is consumed and distributed online and via social and search platforms, with a particular emphasis on SEO
- Excellent communication skills in print and in person
- Organizational skills and ability to plan a futures calendar and editorial vision for the newsletter
Perks of working at GZERO Media:
- Be part of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around the analysis and explanation of international politics
- The opportunity to work with a talented, entrepreneurial, and award-winning team in a stimulating environment
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – Health, Dental, 401(k), and more.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.