The Senior Writer/Producer is responsible for writing and producing content for GZERO Media, which entails embracing tight deadlines, while also striving for new and creative ways of both video and text-driven storytelling. The ideal candidate is a consummate professional, with a superior writing acumen, keen eye for detail and a sense of humor, who can pivot from producing and editing news-oriented content to contributing to show monologues for a weekly Public Television show focused on global affairs. He/she is part of a team which produces a 1.) weekly-public affairs show on Public Television, 2.) various digital video series, and 3.) occasionally write articles for gzeromedia.com. Non-partisan, objective and unbiased applicants only.
This is a staff position with health/dental/401K. He/she will report to the Executive Producer.
This position's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to show monologues for GZERO World with Ian Bremmer
- Interest and proven aptitude for writing about global politics
- Produce projects that range from news content, short docuseries, internal pitch videos, branded content, social content, digital videos (short & long form) to broadcast and digital campaigns
- Produce a half-hour Public Television show, GZERO World with Ian Bremmer
- Write, produce and editing short news stories that avoid editorial bias.
- Work with the management team and creative director in the pitch process.
- 10+ years as a Producer/Writer on a television network or production company (freelance experience accepted)
- Journalistic writing and experience specifically with international politics stories
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Highly organized, efficient and effective/excellent communicator
- Teamwork -- Must excel in working with teams across the organization as well as external partners Perks of working at GZERO Media:
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around the analysis and explanation of international politics.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – The firm contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code. Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States