Eurasia Group is looking for an experienced live events producer to oversee and manage our dedicated coverage of the 2020 UN General Assembly, which takes place September 21-24, 2020. This is a temporary position and will end in October 2020.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience with a wide range of live events production in the news and current affairs space, including agenda formation and booking, marketing and publicity, multimedia content production, and live event production. Our coverage centers around 4 days of 1-hr public livestream broadcasts from a studio in midtown Manhattan, plus additional multimedia coverage to be published via a dedicated website, on GZEROMedia.com and to various owned social channels; and limited in-person experiences.
This role, which starts ASAP, will be responsible for managing the overall project plan to ensure successful execution of the project. This will require significant coordination between internal contributors, as well as an external content partner.
While the project framework is in place, much of the specifics around the agenda and substantive research, programming and guest booking decisions, design, marketing and more will need to be advanced and executed under this person's guidance. We're looking for a seasoned professional to shepherd this project from the conceptual state to execution in an efficient time frame.
The Project Manager will oversee all aspects of the work, from initial ideation to development of video and written content in collaboration with the client/brand sponsor. She/he will be the direct point of contact for our research, video, and marketing leads in planning and execution of key phases of the project.Additional responsibilities will include:
- Work directly with internal and external stakeholders to establish cadence of meetings and workflow
- Create detailed list of all deliverables with a clear tracking/accountability system
- Manage the timeline and process around content creation and logistical planning for both virtual and in-person events
- Oversee budget to ensure project is within established boundaries
- Troubleshoot and iterate in real time as project moves toward September culmination
- Lead team meetings by creating clear agendas and ensuring stakeholders are being heard throughout
- Remove roadblocks and obstacles on the path to success, elevate and alleviate concerns quickly
- Set both realistic and reach goals for deliverables
- Oversee final analysis and post mortem following events
- 5+ years of project management experience in the events space, preferably within or alongside a media organization
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to delegate assignments and keep teams focused on deadlines and deliverables
- Exceptionally skilled at collaboration and time management
- An amazing mission -- to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics on markets around the world.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Business casual dress code.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.