Like much of the world, Nepal saw digital payments soar during the pandemic.
Tulsi Rauniyar, a young Nepalese documentary photographer, experienced the transition firsthand. With COVID making human touch a big concern, e-commerce and cashless transactions became more commonplace — so much so that Rauniyar herself rarely uses cash anymore. This technological globalization is increasingly helping female entrepreneurs and businesswomen succeed in Nepal. But it still needs to reach rural areas — where many hard-working women are unaware of these transformative technologies.
- Connecting the world: the power of digital trade - GZERO Media ›
- Why regulating cross-border digital trade is tricky - GZERO Media ›
- What We're Watching: Digital payment lifelines for cash-strapped ... ›
- The Graphic Truth: The digital payment boom - GZERO Media ›
- Adapting to a digital economy around the world - GZERO Media ›