The Production Assistant is responsible for many aspects of video and audio production, including assisting editors and producers on content creation, media management, file transfers and storage, research, field shoots, and more.
She/he/they will be part of a team of award-winning content creators who produce the weekly global affairs program GZERO World with Ian Bremmer, the satirical digital series Puppet Regime, In 60 Seconds, the GZERO World podcast, and various other ongoing projects including livestreams and client partnerships.
The position offers a wide range of opportunities and a chance to learn many aspects of our growing video and podcast enterprise, working directly with producers, editors, and executives at an exciting content company focused on global news and analysis.
This position's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting video editors with content and media gathering, storage, editing and graphics production
- Working with show producers to help develop and execute show plans, incuding guest interviews with heads of state and prominent industry leaders.
- Serving as a liaison to our social/growth team to deliver assets necessary for promotion of content across our various channels
- Working with producers on livestream programming for GZERO Media and clients, as required
- Helping with guest booking and logistics as needed
- Maintaining show calendars and helping the Head of Video and Podcasts with projects and research
- 2+ years working in video and/or audio editing and production
- Experience in a newsroom or deadline-driven content company a plus
- Passion for international news and analysis
- Professional presentation and ability to interact with high-level guests and clients
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro a plus
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Highly organized, efficient and effective communicator
- Must excel in working with teams across the organization as well as external partners
- Familiarity with media management tools and software
- Position is currently remote, but will be based in our New York, NY, headquarters
Perks of working at GZERO Media:
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package.
- Business casual dress code.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.