About GZERO Media
GZERO Media, a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, is a company dedicated to providing the public with intelligent and engaging coverage of global affairs. It was created in 2017 as a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, the world’s leading political risk analysis firm. Our coverage takes many forms in digital media and broadcast television.
Eurasia Group is a global research firm at the intersection of politics, policy, and the economy. We provide the marketplace with the best comprehensive and integrated set of political risk solutions, and unique and reliable insights from which to make key business decisions. Our clients range from macro hedge funds to institutional investors, from family businesses to the world's largest multinational corporations. What they all share is a desire to better manage the risks and opportunities that flow from politics.
The Publisher reports to the CEO and is responsible for overall management and direction for all digital content efforts of GZERO Media. The Publisher will craft and execute the strategy and tactics to achieve our journalistic, content and business goals which include commercial success and competing with adjacent content both commercial and editorial. This role will work closely with our data analytics lead, President, Vice Chairman, and other executives and management teams to develop and implement plans to grow GZERO Media’s digital properties, delivery platforms and productions of EG events and other “one-firm” initiatives. The person will also be responsible for creating and organizing the most unique, interesting, engaging, and dynamic content for all our digital platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience leading commercialization of digital content, a working knowledge of digital technology as well as strong writing and editorial skills.
More specifically, in this role, you will:
- Be responsible for general management of the GZERO Media business to include sales, product & tech, strategy, and operations.
- Develop thought leadership and strategies to grow the business rapidly.
- Guide execution of strategies to meet GZERO Media’s digital goals.
- Bring a consistent sense of urgency, immediacy and real-time strategies to digital news content and project development.
- Take an active role in daily editorial meetings and lay the groundwork for a consistent multi-platform workflow that ensures quality content.
- Represent the Company with key clients, prospects, vendors, and business partners as appropriate.
- Works closely with marketing to prioritize the growth of usage and subscriptions.
- Experience in leading successful commercialization of digital media as well as journalism (Master’s degree in journalism or related field preferred)
- Editorial leadership expertise
- A data-driven and a digital-first mindset
- A creative, resourceful, and continuous improvement orientation
- Practical and working knowledge of digital technology
At Eurasia Group, the health and safety of our employees are our top priority. Proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus is required as a condition of employment.
We strive to put politics first for our clients. This requires us to maintain a company culture that puts people first. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, empowering, and globally minded. We firmly believe that diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural background, religion, disability, and age brings ideas and perspectives to the table that make our analysis stronger for our clients and make our company a better place to work for our people. Our leadership team is committed to embedding diversity and inclusion into everything we do and how we lead.