GZERO Media is seeking a Video Intern to assist the Video team in many aspects of video and audio production, including assisting editors and producers with show execution, content and media gathering, storage, editing and graphics production.
About GZERO Media
GZERO Media, a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, is a company dedicated to providing the public with intelligent and engaging coverage of global affairs. It was created in 2017 as a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, the world’s leading political risk analysis firm. Our coverage takes many forms in digital media and broadcast television.
The ideal intern for our award-winning GZERO Media video team is passionate about global affairs and politics, eager to learn about video editing and production, and has a solid understanding of how media brands interact with audiences across social media channels. While no previous production experience is required, students in broadcast or digital video programs are highly encouraged to apply. This role provides ample opportunity to explore many facets of video journalism and storytelling, from short clips to full-length episodes of our weekly public television program GZERO World with Ian Bremmer.
The internship will be conducted in-person in the NYC office.
Applicants should be students at an academic institution.
- Assisting video editors with content and media gathering, storage, editing and graphics production
- Working with show producers to help develop and execute show plans, including guest interviews with heads of state and prominent industry leaders.
- Working with producers on livestream programming for GZERO Media and clients, as required
- Helping with guest booking and logistics as needed
- Applicants should be students at an academic institution
- Experience in a newsroom or deadline-driven content company a plus
- Passion for international news and analysis
- Professional presentation and ability to interact with high-level guests and clients
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro a plus
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Highly organized, efficient, and effective communicator
- Must excel in working with teams across the organization as well as external partners
- Familiarity with media management tools and software
- March – June 2023
- New York City – in-person twice a week (Tuesdays & Thursdays)
- This internship will be paid