How depoliticizing the US health response will save lives (COVID isn't over)
June 27, 2022
We're not done with the pandemic — yet.
Although COVID will likely become endemic sometime this year in some parts of the world, the virus will still rage on everywhere else.
On GZERO World, Ian Bremmer catches up on the pandemic's state of play with former CDC chief Tom Frieden, who has a message for everyone who hasn't gotten vaxxed yet: do it.
Why? New variants could emerge, making the virus more deadly.
Frieden also shares his thoughts on why China needs to transition to "almost" zero-COVID, the post-pandemic need to invest more in public health, and whether we should worry about monkeypox.
Bonus: we mark Pride month by looking at the history of the AIDS quilt.
From Your Site Articles
- What we learned from COVID - GZERO Media ›
- Top Risks 2022: We're done with the pandemic, but the pandemic ... ›
- Should we worry about monkeypox? - GZERO Media ›
- Let's learn from COVID to prevent the next pandemic - GZERO Media ›
- China isn't budging on zero-COVID - GZERO Media ›
- Coming soon: the State of the World with Ian Bremmer - GZERO Media ›
- Coming soon: Ian Bremmer gives his 2022 update on the State of the World - GZERO Media ›
Read moreShow less