GZERO Media, a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, is a rapidly growing, award-winning content company bringing fresh, informative, and nonbiased global affairs analysis to our international audience. We are currently seeking a freelance journalist to write for our soon to launch Monday edition of Signal, the popular newsletter that delivers witty and provocative takes on global politics and the biggest stories of the moment.
Are you a writer with a passion for politics, international news, and global trends? If so, we'd love to hear from you. This position is part-time and can be based remotely. A key responsibility of this role is writing quick summaries of stories in the news for the "Watching" section of our Monday edition, as well as lead articles or features as necessary. The role requires working on Fridays and Sundays, with potential to expand to additional days.
- 3+ years of experience writing about global affairs
- Strong writing, reporting and editing skills
- A keen understanding of news and politics
- Ability to adapt to the voice and style of GZERO Media and Signal's existing personality
- A sense of humor and passion for unbiased analysis
- Team player who works well with editors and senior staff
- Creativity and ability to generate compelling story ideas and pitches
- Regional expertise a plus, particularly Global South, Africa, East Asia
If the above sounds appealing, this may be the perfect fit for you. Come be a key part of an exceptional newsletter produced by a young and growing media company.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.