Are you a writer or journalist with a creative flair and an interest in international affairs? Do you think it's more important than ever to help the public understand the dizzying political changes occurring in the world today? Can you trace the effects of those global events through to people's daily lives?
Then you are a good candidate to be a staff writer and researcher at GZERO Media, a new digital media company aiming to make global affairs engaging and relevant to a broad audience.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Writing 350-450 word explanatory and stylistically engaging stories on global events, daily, both for web and for our flagship global affairs newsletter, Signal.
- Copy editing 3-4 pieces daily
- Conducting both primary and secondary research for multimedia features that GZERO Media produces
- Developing your own longer-form written or multimedia features over time
- · At least 3 years experience as a journalist or analyst covering international affairs
- · Clear, engaging prose (no wonky stuff and no jargon – if you use "ask" as a noun, don't apply)
- · Strong grasp of how to source and present data to support the narrative of your stories.
- · Ability to work collaboratively and meet deadlines consistently
- · Regional expertise in at least one major global region outside of North America
- · MA in International Affairs or journalism a plus
- · Comfort with, and interest in, doing on-camera interviews
- · Authorization to work in the United States
This position will be based in New York, NY. Our offices are located in the heart of the Flatiron District.
GZERO Media is a company dedicated to providing the public with intelligent and engaging coverage of global affairs. It was created in 2017 as a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, the world's leading political risk analysis firm. Our coverage takes many forms – print, digital media and broadcast television. Find us at gzeromedia.com.
Perks of working at GZERO Media:
· Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around the analysis and explanation of international politics.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – The firm contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.