GZERO Media is seeking a Social Media lead to support the efforts of our digital team at the Manager or Senior Manager level. This position is based in our NYC headquarters in the Flatiron district and reports to the Head of Growth.
GZERO Media is a company dedicated to providing the public with intelligent and engaging coverage of global affairs. It was created in 2017 as a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, the world's leading political risk analysis firm. Our coverage takes many forms – digital video, audio, graphics, and articles, as well as broadcast television. Find us at gzeromedia.com.
More specifically, in this role, you will:
- re-develop and maintain GZERO's social presence, crafting sharp copy, engaging audiences, growing followers, and raising benchmark metrics
- collaborate with growth team members to ensure team and company success
- execute social distribution and growth
- accept “backup” responsibility for publishing content, managing the website, organizing digital assets, and tracking campaign results
- synthesize data and content performance in the course of successfully executing on primary responsibilities
- write and/or design promotional content
- support paid and earned media opportunities
- provide as-needed support for GZERO's marketing, platform, and revenue initiatives
- collaborate closely with editorial, video, and design colleagues to identify and achieve common goals
In the first 12 months of the role, the Social Media Manager, GZERO Media will accomplish the following goals:
- Establish a social voice for GZERO Media, which aligns to the entertaining yet factually-rooted, non-partisan, context- and analysis-heavy brand voice
- Accelerate follower growth for GZERO’s trustworthy, must-follow social accounts
- Establish GZERO’s presence in additional social channels and elevate social storytelling for Gen Z audiences
- Strong copywriter with an ability to develop an editorial voice for GZERO that may vary by platform and audience
- Ability and dedication to consistently identify substantive, provocative elements of written, audio, or video content, and concisely convey the content value to GZERO’s social audiences
- Advanced degree coursework in political science/international relations, marketing, journalism, or relevant field preferred
- 5+ years previous experience in a social media, publishing, journalism, or related position in a digital media environment required
- Experience working at a news organization with politics coverage strongly preferred
- Growth-minded digital media native with expertise in publishing operations, CMS operations, and content metadata
- Expertise with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social platforms, and hands-on experience with social analytics, including platform analytics suites, and CrowdTangle, Shareablee, Tubular Labs, etc.
- Experience with Sprout Social, Hootsuite (or comparable platform); knowledge of Google Analytics/Google Search Console, or other analytics and search tools
- Superior computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with developing social promotion assets, for example graphics, GIFs, audiograms, or promotional video. Creative/design background and experience in Adobe suite a plus
At Eurasia Group, we strive to put politics first for our clients. This requires us to maintain a company culture that puts people first. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, empowering, and globally minded. We firmly believe that diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural background, religion, disability, and age brings ideas and perspectives to the table that make our analysis stronger for our clients and make our company a better place to work for our people. Our leadership team is committed to embedding diversity and inclusion into everything we do and how we lead.