GZERO Media is seeking a Social Media Strategist to support the efforts of our growing marketing team. This position is based in our NYC headquarters in the Flatiron district and reports to the Head of Growth.
The Social Media Strategist will be primarily responsible for building GZERO's social presences, crafting copy, engaging audiences, growing followers and raising benchmark metrics. The Strategist works with marketing and analytics colleagues on the Growth team, and is a close collaborator with editorial, video and design colleagues. The ideal candidate is an active social media participant with a strong editorial sensibility. S/he is both creative and analytical, and is a strategic thinker with strong journalistic/editorial judgment, and awareness of geopolitical news and analysis.
In addition to responsibility for executing on social distribution, the successful candidate in GZERO's startup environment will provide as-needed support for GZERO's content creation, marketing initiatives, digital platforms, content marketing campaigns, and revenue initiatives.
The Social Media Strategist will be fluent in the digital landscape, social media platforms, digital video marketing, and be an overall rock star able to write sharp social copy about current affairs. S/he will synthesize data and content performance in the course of successfully executing on his/her primary responsibilities. The successful candidate will also be involved in writing and/or designing promotional content, managing the website and digital assets, and supporting paid and earned media opportunities.
GZERO Media is a company dedicated to providing the public with intelligent and engaging coverage of global affairs. It was created in 2017 as a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, the world's leading political risk analysis firm. Our coverage takes many forms – print, digital media and broadcast television. Find us at gzeromedia.com.
Social Media Strategist Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism or relevant field preferred
- 2 years' previous experience in a social media, marketing, journalism, or related position in a media environment
- Strong copywriter with ability to develop an editorial voice for GZERO that may vary by platform
- Expertise with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social platforms, and hands-on experience with social analytics, including platform analytics offerings and CrowdTangle, Shareablee, Tubular Labs, etc.
- Experience with Sprout Social, Hootsuite (or comparable platform); knowledge of Google Analytics/Google Search Console or other analytics and search tools
- Superior computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Creative/design background and experience in Adobe suite a plus
- Strong editorial judgment and ability to translate editorial content into concise social copy; Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaboration and communication: team player with ability to become trusted partner to external teams
- Strong prioritization skills to ensure highest priorities are always taken care of, and work is on target to reach goals, even in chaotic moments
- Disciplined, organized worker able to balance need for process and efficiency with expectations for high quality
- Experience with SEO/SEM campaigns and tools
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; ability to articulate digital trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Understanding of the greater media landscape and our position in the market
- Highly organized, acute attention to detail and a forward planner
- Comfortable multitasking and juggling a variety of campaigns at one time
- A passion for geopolitics and current events is a must
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around the analysis and explanation of international politics.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – The firm contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.