The pandemic hit the global economy hard, and many economies are still hurting. But it could have been even worse. In May 2020, economic historian Adam Tooze told GZERO World that the world was facing a second Great Depression. Now in a new interview with Ian Bremmer, Tooze is back to explain why the US economy rebounded so surprisingly fast, while much of the rest of the world lags behind.
- What saved the global economy from another Great Depression ... ›
- Christine Lagarde, leading Europe's united economic pandemic ... ›
- Is a second great depression coming? Adam Tooze on international ... ›
- Why China's sneeze is giving the world economy chills - GZERO ... ›
- Record US inflation levels worsen Americans' view of the economy - GZERO Media ›