Does Vladimir Putin have any real friends left?
In a Global Stage livestream conversation, Eurasia Group President Ian Bremmer says that the Russian president is losing China and India, who are telling him they're worried about the war in Ukraine dragging on. Not even the Kazakhs (!) are on his side anymore.
Russia, he adds, has gone in a few months from being China's most important partner on the global stage to Beijing's junior sidekick, and become a rogue state, like Iran but much worse.
It's not just that Putin has nukes — Russia's cyber and espionage power is now pointed at Europe like it hasn't been since the Soviet Union collapsed 30 years ago.
- Ukraine gains; Russia to escalate - GZERO Media ›
- Russia-Ukraine war: How we got here - GZERO Media ›
- Is the West united against Russia? Sort of. - GZERO Media ›
- China-Russia relationship status: It's complicated - GZERO Media ›
- The limits of a China-Russia partnership - GZERO Media ›
- Ian Bremmer: Global middle class erosion making people hungrier ... ›
- Why is Russia on the UN Security Council? - GZERO Media ›