A global recession is looming in 2023. But why?
Speaking to Ian Bremmer on GZERO World, IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva offers three reasons.
First, all the big economies — the US, China, and the Eurozone — are slowing down at the same time.
Second, inflation shows no signs of abating.
Third, the world is becoming more fragmented, which Georgieva says makes it harder to find solutions to common problems.
Watch the GZERO World episode: Can the world avoid a global recession?
- Can the world avoid a global recession? - GZERO Media ›
- Is the world on the brink of another global recession? - GZERO Media ›
- The Graphic Truth: Is the US economy in a recession? - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: Making sense of global inflation, looming recession ... ›
- Europe's 2023 energy scarcity will drive green transition, says IMF chief - GZERO Media ›