With soaring energy prices, Europe is headed toward a dark winter. But next year could be even worse.
If Vladimir Putin continues to weaponize natural gas supplies, IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva believes 2023 will be an even tougher winter for the Europeans, she tells Ian Bremmer on GZERO World.
Still, there's a silver lining. Kicking its Russian gas habit will make it easier for Europe to make its green energy transition a reality.
Watch the GZERO World episode: Can the world avoid a global recession?
- The EU's natural gas troubles won't end after ditching Russia ... ›
- Can the world avoid a global recession? - GZERO Media ›
- 3 reasons risk of global recession in 2023 has increased - GZERO ... ›
- The tentacles of a global energy crisis - GZERO Media ›
- The Graphic Truth: The European Union's energy mix - GZERO Media ›
- Unpacking Lithuania's energy independence strategy - GZERO Media ›