As the holiday shopping season gets underway, consumers are facing empty shelves and sky-high prices. What explains the supply chain crunch and how is it related to the highest levels of inflation in the US in 30 years? Ian Bremmer is joined by economist Larry Summers, who served as the Treasury Secretary under President Clinton and as the Director of the National Economic Council under Barack Obama. Also on this episode of GZERO World with Ian Bremmer: the plight of the lowly shipping container.
- Think buying American will help ease inflation? Larry Summers says ... ›
- The Graphic Truth: US inflation just keeps on climbing - GZERO Media ›
- The Graphic Truth: 50 years of US inflation vs interest rates - GZERO ... ›
- How long will COVID-fueled inflation last? - GZERO Media ›
- The Graphic Truth: Will US kids get their toys on time? - GZERO Media ›