Afghanistan’s next generation: a student shares her perspective on the US withdrawal
Shaista is a 22-year-old university student in Kabul, Afghanistan, and since she was two years old, her country has been occupied by American forces. Although she was fortunate to grow up in a relatively privileged situation with the ability to get an education, she says that nevertheless "the fear of losing my life has always been there." She shares her thoughts on the US troop withdrawal announcement and how worried she is about a Taliban takeover of her country.
Watch the GZERO World with Ian Bremmer episode.
- How education has improved women's lives around the world ... ›
- "Next 9/11 is on Biden's watch”: Rep. Mike Waltz on US leaving ... ›
- The slow US retreat from Afghanistan - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: Rep. Mike Waltz's case against ending the war in Afghanistan ›
- Is the US abandoning NATO in Afghanistan? - GZERO Media ›