COVID ain't over
We're not done with the pandemic — yet.
In the US, infections are up five-fold from a year ago, although both hospitalizations are down.
Although COVID will likely become endemic sometime this year in some parts of the world, the virus will still rage on everywhere else.
China's zero-COVID strategy is having a tremendous cost, while barely 17.4% of Africans are vaccinated. That bodes well for new variants.
Meanwhile, rich countries keep hoarding jabs, now also against monkeypox. Did we not learn anything after more than two years?
Watch the GZERO World episode: How depoliticizing the US health response will save lives (COVID isn't over)
- Top Risks 2022: We're done with the pandemic, but the pandemic ... ›
- Let's learn from COVID to prevent the next pandemic - GZERO Media ›
- Is omicron the best thing that's happened since the pandemic started ... ›
- How depoliticizing the US health response will save lives (COVID ... ›
- Silicon Valley Bank Collapse: Not 2008 all over again - GZERO Media ›