Want to fix US political division? Narrow the wealth gap, says investor Ray Dalio
February 16, 2022
What happened on January 6, 2021, did not at all surprise billionaire investor Ray Dalio.
History, he says, shows that both right-wing and left-wing populism begins to gain power when there's a large wealth gap.
So, what comes next?
"It's entirely possible that neither party will accept losing, um, on, uh, the presidential election."
But it's not too late to prevent another US civil war — and Dalio thinks that, of all things, capitalism can help.
"The financial dynamic needs to satisfy the political dynamic" by narrowing the wealth gap.
Watch the GZERO World episode: Does China's rise have to mean America's decline?
From Your Site Articles
- Why "cheap money" is worrying billionaire US investor Ray Dalio ... ›
- Podcast: No Empire lasts forever: How China's rise could trigger a ... ›
- The future of January 6 - GZERO Media ›
- The Graphic Truth: Dem/GOP voters' very different views of Jan 6 ... ›
- The pandemic is hurting women more than men - GZERO Media ›
- Graphic Truth: Global inequality - GZERO Media ›