European travel to US still not allowed, EU asks why
August 11, 2021
Carl Bildt, former Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Sweden, shares his perspective from Europe:
What's the issue of traveling between the US and Europe?
Well, that's a subject of irritation at the moment because Europe has opened up to American visitors, but America is still closed. And this, in spite of the fact that if you look at vaccination rates, they are higher in Europe, in the EU today, than they are in the US. So, if they send an alignment between Washington and Brussels on these issues in the next few weeks, there's a risk of the Europeans saying, "Well, if you've got to stop us, we're going to stop you." And I'm not quite certain that would be a good development.
From Your Site Articles
- The Graphic Truth: Where COVID is (again) spiraling in the US ... ›
- Vaccine papers, please! - GZERO Media ›
- Who still welcomes American tourists? International travel in the era ... ›
- The US is out of Afghanistan, but the war on terror isn't over - GZERO Media ›
- Europe matches US travel restrictions; Ukrainian president asks for US support - GZERO Media ›