Podcast: We have to control AI before it controls us, warns former Google CEO Eric Schmidt
Listen: Tech companies set the rules for the digital world through algorithms powered by artificial intelligence. But does Big Tech really understand AI? Former Google CEO Eric Schmidt tells Ian Bremmer that we need to control AI before it controls us.
What's troubling about AI, he says, is that it’s still very new, and AI is learning by doing. Schmidt, co-author of “The Age of AI: And Our Human Future,” worries that AI exacerbates problems like anxiety, driving a human addiction cycle that leads to depression.Subscribe to the GZERO World Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your preferred podcast platform, to receive new episodes as soon as they're published.
- Kai-fu Lee: What's next for artificial intelligence? - GZERO Media ›
- Ian Bremmer explains: Should we worry about AI? - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: The future of artificial intelligence with tech CEO Kai-Fu ... ›
- Artificial intelligence from Ancient Greece to 2021 - GZERO Media ›
- Beware AI's negative impact on our world, warns former Google CEO Eric Schmidt - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: Why Scott Galloway is “cautiously optimistic” about AI - but not TikTok or Meta - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: How to get social media companies to protect users (instead of hurting them) - GZERO Media ›