European support for Ukraine remains strong ahead of Biden's visit
Carl Bildt, former Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Sweden, shares his perspective from Stockholm on the Russian war against Ukraine.
Is European support for Ukraine holding up?
I would say it is. It is by far the dominating political issue on the horizons of all of the political debates in Europe at the moment, and this week will be very important. We have on Thursday, first, the NATO Summit with President Biden coming over, and then President Biden continues from the NATO Summit to the EU Summit and meeting the same leaders and some additional ones once more, and then he continues to Warsaw in order to reassure those countries in the east that feel threatened by the Russian onslaught on Ukraine. So it is a transformative period for Europe. It's a transformative period for European security and for transatlantic cooperation. But support for Ukraine, yeah, it's certainly holding up.
- What awaits Ukrainian refugees? - GZERO Media ›
- How Biden's handling of Russia-Ukraine war is viewed in US ... ›
- Could this spread beyond Ukraine? - GZERO Media ›
- Should NATO embrace Ukraine? - GZERO Media ›
- The EU's big Eastern problems - GZERO Media ›
- EU/NATO summits intensify support for Ukraine - GZERO Media ›