How Russia is both hurting & helping climate action
September 30, 2022
Under the Biden administration, the US wants to become a global leader on climate change. But the energy crisis from the war in Ukraine has put climate lower on the list of global priorities.
Still, the main climate lesson learned from the invasion is that countries need to become energy-independent by embracing renewables, US climate envoy John Kerry tells Ian Bremmer on GZERO World.
America, he adds, is ready to help other nations follow that path.
One thing that can facilitate the transition to clean energy is new technology. The problem is scale, but Kerry says to watch out for some breakthroughs on carbon capture and fusion.
Watch the GZERO World episode: Gustavo Petro: the guerilla-turned-president who wants to "develop capitalism"
From Your Site Articles
- The Graphic Truth: Has climate change hurt or helped farmers ... ›
- The “authoritarian honeymoon” is over, says John Kerry - GZERO ... ›
- Kerry: Putin has bigger problems than Ukraine - GZERO Media ›
- Nations don't need carbon to grow their economies, says John Kerry ... ›
- Podcast: Authoritarians won't defeat American values, says John Kerry ›
- Ukraine is a diversion from climate crisis, says John Kerry - GZERO ... ›
Read moreShow less