Jennifer Granholm: On clean energy, US is "putting our money where our mouth is”
This November, the US wants to present itself at the COP27 Climate Summit in Egypt as a global leader on renewables with the $370 billion worth of clean energy investment included in the recently passed Inflation Reduction Act.
Something like this has never been done before, and the figure could be double once you add private sector dollars, says Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm.
America, she tells Ian Bremmer on GZERO World, finally has "some moral authority to say we are putting our money where our mouth is on this."
Granholm believes that Russia's war in Ukraine has aggravated the energy crisis. Making the transition to clean energy even more urgent because the West no longer wants to rely on Russia to keep the lights on.
Watch the GZERO World episode: Supercharging US clean energy & achieving net zero 2050 globally
- US Energy Secy Jennifer Granholm on Ukrainian nuclear power ... ›
- Want to fix climate change? This is what it'll take. - GZERO Media ›
- Can Biden's IRA work IRL? - GZERO Media ›
- What We're Watching: Biden's climate bill, Gaza ceasefire, Ukrainian ... ›
- Podcast: Rebuilding American infrastructure with Pete Buttigieg - GZERO Media ›