Cuban Missile Crisis turns 60
Sixty years ago, the world got as close it's ever been to nuclear war.
For 13 days, the US and the USSR played a dangerous cat-and-mouse game over Soviet nuclear missiles parked in Cuba. The Cold War nearly got hot.
In the end, a shared sense of humanity allowed a diplomatic solution. The world breathed a sigh of relief.
Would Moscow and Washington do the same if Vladimir Putin uses nukes in Ukraine?
Watch the GZERO World episode: Chinese Power
- Will Putin drop a nuke on Ukraine? - GZERO Media ›
- Nuclear weapons: more dangerous than ever? - GZERO Media ›
- Nuclear weapons could be used; Russia's war gets more dangerous ... ›
- Another nuclear showdown? - GZERO Media ›
- How close are we to a second Cuban Missile Crisis? - GZERO Media ›
- Odds of US-NATO war rising - GZERO Media ›