January 6 laid bare "the deep divisions, the partisan infighting, the polarization within our society," says Fiona Hill, the former US senior director of the National Security Council. In a GZERO World interview, she spoke with Ian Bremmer about her concerns about the state of democracy in the United States.
Hill famously testified against her impeached boss, Donald Trump, who stayed in power after being acquitted by the Senate of abuse of power and obstructing Congress. She also notes that divisions actually make America look weaker on the global stage — particularly to someone like Russia’s president Vladimir Putin.
Watch this episode of GZERO World: American strife: Will US democracy survive? Fiona Hill explains post-Jan 6 stakes
- January 6 anniversary: America's back — against the wall? - GZERO ... ›
- Trump impeachment 2.0 - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: How the US survives deep divisions: Fiona Hill and the ... ›
- American strife: Will US democracy survive? Fiona Hill explains post ... ›
- Podcast: America at risk: assessing Russia, China, and domestic threats - GZERO Media ›