The AI arms race begins: Scott Galloway’s optimism & warnings
As the world embraces the power of AI, there are growing concerns about the potential consequences of this double-edged sword. On this episode of GZERO World, tech expert and NYU Professor Scott Galloway sheds light on the darker side of AI, with social media platforms like Facebook and TikTok being used as espionage and propaganda tools to manipulate younger generations. But don't lose hope yet. AI can speed up search and help predict the next big trend, says Galloway. He emphasizes the potential of AI and language structure-driven search to revolutionize traditional search methods, and the value of social media data sets for decision-making.
Galloway also expresses concern about the negative effects of extreme political polarization and a lack of camaraderie in the US, which he attributes to social media creating the sense that things are much worse than they are. He proposes one bold solution: mandatory national service. But he also recommends efforts to bring young people together and to hold social media companies accountable.
And let's not forget about population decline - it's a big problem. Galloway thinks we can fix it with better job security and an open immigration policy to get the best minds on board.
Watch "GZERO World with Ian Bremmer" every week on US public television and on gzeromedia.com.
- Can we control AI before it controls us? ›
- Artificial intelligence from Ancient Greece to 2021 ›
- Be more worried about artificial intelligence ›
- Artificial intelligence and the importance of civics ›
- TikTok is the ultimate propaganda tool, says tech expert Scott Galloway ›
- Emotional AI: More harm than good? - GZERO Media ›
- Ian interviews Scott Galloway: the ChatGPT revolution & tech peril - GZERO Media ›
- Larry Summers: Which jobs will AI replace? - GZERO Media ›
- US debt limit: default unlikely, dysfunction probable - GZERO Media ›
- GZERO World with Ian Bremmer: Season 6 preview - GZERO Media ›
- The AI power paradox: Rules for AI's power - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: Getting to know generative AI with Gary Marcus - GZERO Media ›
- How tech companies aim to make AI more ethical and responsible - GZERO Media ›
- How AI can be used in public policy: Anne Witkowsky - GZERO Media ›