Listen: What keeps Ray Dalio, one of America’s most successful investors, up at night? Three things: spiraling debt, a weakening dollar and a rising China. China is closing the gap on US economic dominance as its geopolitical influence grows, Dalio tells Ian Bremmer on the GZERO World podcast.
The US economy is negatively impacted not only by its debt but also by the widening wealth gap among Americans, and these all play into Beijing's plans to surpass the US as a global superpower, says Dalio, author of Principles for Dealing With the Changing World Order” and founder of the world’s largest hedge fund. Does this mean investors should bet on China over the US?
- The US and China are too busy to fight - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: The COVID-damaged global economy surprised Adam ... ›
- Podcast: Inflation nation: How Larry Summers predicted ... ›
- Podcast: The problem with China's Zero COVID strategy ›
- Podcast: Why Putin will fail: former Finnish PM Alexander Stubb - GZERO Media ›