Carl Bildt, former Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Sweden, shares his perspective from Europe:
What's happening in Kazakhstan?
Well, evidently rebellion, revolt, protest, massive threat of survival of the regime. And that's why Russia now are sending in troops. How will this affect Europe? See how it affects his attention towards Ukraine. He has to be worried when he's sitting in the Kremlin about the stability of the entire post-Soviet space. I think we're heading for dramatic weeks.
What does the French presidency of the European Union mean?
Well, lots of issues on the table and the French are going to be extremely, President Macron, extremely ambitious with different industrial policy and defense policy or whatever, geared very much to the French election campaign. So, you'll see a lot of initiatives coming out of the European Union and some of them might even turn into reality.
- What We're Watching: France's EU presidency, Kim Jong Un's 2022 ... ›
- What We're Watching: Turmoil in Kazakhstan, Macron targets anti ... ›
- Concerns increase over Russian military activity near Ukraine ... ›
- Is Putin going to invade Ukraine? - GZERO Media ›
- After Kazakhstan, how will Russia escalate in Ukraine? - GZERO Media ›