Inflation Reduction Act will lower energy costs & bring back jobs, says US energy secretary
The Inflation Reduction Act is the Biden administration's biggest legislative win since the American Rescue Act early in his term in office. But what will the bill accomplish?
Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm says it'll fight climate change by giving Americans incentives to use renewable energy in their cars and homes. And that, in turn, will lower the cost of energy prices at home.
But what Granholm is really excited about is how the IRA will boost the domestic energy manufacturing sector — a big deal for someone who watched so many jobs go overseas as the former governor of Michigan.
The IRA, she tells Ian Bremmer on GZERO World, will encourage reshoring many of those jobs.
- Want to fix climate change? This is what it'll take. - GZERO Media ›
- What We're Watching: Biden's climate bill, Gaza ceasefire, Ukrainian ... ›
- Ukraine is a diversion from climate crisis, says John Kerry - GZERO ... ›
- Can Biden's IRA work IRL? - GZERO Media ›
- Trudeau lays out plan to grow Canada’s clean economy - GZERO Media ›