Should we worry about monkeypox?
June 23, 2022
Now that many parts of the world have moved on from COVID, should we be worried about monkeypox?
Certainly, but we need to know more about the disease, former CDC chief Tom Frieden tells Ian Bremmer on GZERO World.
We humans, Frieden explains, "are connected by the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat, the planes we travel on," so "anywhere in the world can connect with anywhere in the world within just a day or two."
Until we put more money toward research, he adds, we won't be able to control infectious diseases — rather, they will continue to control us.
From Your Site Articles
- How will we deal with the next pandemic? - GZERO Media ›
- Hard Numbers: Orbán clams up over oil, monkeypox on the move ... ›
- After COVID vaccines, time to use mRNA tech against other ... ›
- Russia cutting Nord Stream 1 gas to undermine European leaders - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: How we overcome infectious disease with a public health renaissance - GZERO Media ›