Beating China at AI
The US and China compete on many fronts, and one of them is artificial intelligence.
But China has a different set of values, which former Google CEO Eric Schmidt is not a big fan of — especially when those values shape the AI on apps his children use.
"You may not care where your kids are, and TikTok may know where your teenagers are, and that may not bother you," he says. "But you certainly don't want them to be affected by algorithms that are inspired by the Chinese and not by Western values."
For Schmidt, the Chinese government is ensuring that the internet reflects the priorities of the ruling Communist Party.
Watch his interview with Ian Bremmer on GZERO World:Be more worried about artificial intelligence
- Who'll rule the digital world in 2022? - GZERO Media ›
- Why is Xi Jinping willing to slow down China's economy? - GZERO ... ›
- Why is China trying to game the gamers? - GZERO Media ›
- Be more worried about artificial intelligence - GZERO Media ›
- The technopolar world: A new dimension of geopolitics — Kevin ... ›