LGBTQ Pride Month is currently being celebrated throughout the United States. Since the Stonewall riots in New York City in 1969, progress towards equal protections for LGBTQ people has been hard-won throughout the country, culminating in the legalization of same-sex marriage in 2015. Significant progress for LGBTQ communities seeking equal protection under the law has been made in much of Western Europe and the Americas but still lags in most of Africa and Asia, where same-sex sexual acts are deemed illegal in many states. Here's a look at the legal environment for LGBTQ people around the globe.
- Hard Numbers: Hungary vs EU over LGBT rights, Hong Kong tabloid ... ›
- Hard Numbers: Chile legalizes gay marriage, Peruvian president ... ›
- Hard Numbers: Japan's same-sex marriage ruling, British Uber ... ›
- The remembrance, heartbreak & protest of the AIDS quilt - GZERO Media ›
- The Graphic Truth: LGBTQI identification vs. social acceptance - GZERO Media ›