Watch our live event: global health beyond the pandemic
Could the biggest health crisis of our lifetimes actually lead to a healthier world? Watch the second part of our live event series about what public health will look like after the COVID-19 pandemic, presented in partnership with Flagship Pioneering, the bio-platform company that founded Moderna and dozens of other life sciences firms.
Days before world leaders G7 meeting, we will bring political leaders and policy makers together with health experts and scientists to discuss lessons learned from and the latest innovations to preempt both COVID-19 variants and future infectious disease pandemics.
Attendance is free and open to the public. Please register to attend.
Tuesday, June 8, 2021 | 11 AM - 12:30 PM ET (recording available)
- Beyond the Pandemic: A Radical New Approach to Health Security: As the world emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, what are the lessons learned and how can we use them to not only prepare for, but also preempt the next pandemic? On day one, speakers will discuss new and powerful ways to combat the wide range of threats to our health, including preventing variants and future infectious disease pandemics, and tackling 'slow-burn' pandemics such as obesity and chronic disease. CNBC's Meg Tirrell will moderate the conversation.
Wednesday, June 9, 2021 | 11 AM - 12:30 PM ET
- Stronger Partnerships for a Healthier World: Mutually Assured Protection: On day two, we'll focus on the need for greater collaboration between governments, international institutions, and the private sector in order to get beyond sick care and create a world where we secure and protect people's health by postponing if not preventing disease, and by promoting good health and wellbeing. Bloomberg TV anchor Shery Ahn will moderate the conversation.
Prime Minister of Greece
Managing Director, International Monetary Fund
CEO, Moderna Therapeutics
Vice Chancellor, University of Global Health Equity
Chairman & CEO, Medtronic
President and CEO, Partnership for a Healthier America
Professor, Harvard Medical School; Co-founder, Partners In Health
President, Global Policy & Advocacy, Gates Foundation
Professor, Director of Health Policy Research, Harvard Kennedy School
GCB DBE, Master of Trinity College
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist
Partner, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP; former Secretary of Homeland Security (2013 - 2017)
President & Founder, Flagship Pioneering
President & Founder, Eurasia Group and GZERO Media
Additional speakers include:
- Junaid Bajwa, Chief Medical Scientist, Microsoft
- Matt Hancock, UK Health Secretary
- James Stavridis, Admiral, USN (Ret), former Supreme Allied Commander at NATO
- Sundar Raman, President, Global Home Care and P&G Professional, Procter & Gamble
- Greg Behar, CEO, Nestle Health Sciences