As the world works toward a post-pandemic state, join GZERO Media on June 8 and 9 for a two-part live event on health security, in partnership with Flagship Pioneering (which founded Moderna).
Days before this year's G7 meeting, we will bring political leaders and policy makers together with health experts and scientists to discuss lessons learned from and the latest innovations to preempt both COVID-19 variants and future infectious disease pandemics. The virtual event will be hosted by Noubar Afeyan, founder & CEO of Flagship Pioneering, and Ian Bremmer, president and founder of Eurasia Group and GZERO Media.
Attendance is free and open to the public. Please register to attend.
Tuesday, June 8, 2021 | 11 AM - 12:30 PM ET
- Beyond the Pandemic: A Radical New Approach to Health Security: As the world emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, what are the lessons learned and how can we use them to not only prepare for, but also preempt the next pandemic? On day one, speakers will discuss new and powerful ways to combat the wide range of threats to our health, including preventing variants and future infectious disease pandemics, and tackling 'slow-burn' pandemics such as obesity and chronic disease. CNBC's Meg Tirrell will moderate the conversation.
Wednesday, June 9, 2021 | 11 AM - 12:30 PM ET
Additional speakers include:
- Kyriakos Mitsotakis, Prime Minister of Greece
- Kristalina Georgieva, Managing Director, International Monetary Fund
- Stéphane Bancel, CEO, Moderna Therapeutics
- Albert Bourla, CEO, Pfizer
- Geoff Martha, Chairman & CEO, Medtronic
- Nancy Roman, President and CEO, Partnership for a Healthier America
- Paul Farmer, Professor, Harvard Medical School; Co-founder, Partners In Health
- Agnes Binagwaho, Vice Chancellor, University of Global Health Equity
- Sally Davies, GCB DBE, Master of Trinity College
- Junaid Bajwa, Chief Medical Scientist, Microsoft
- Gargee Ghosh, President, Global Policy & Advocacy, Gates Foundation
- Laurie Garrett, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist
- Amitabh Chandra, Professor, Director of Health Policy Research at the Harvard Kennedy School
- Matt Hancock, UK Health Secretary
- James Stavridis, Admiral, USN (Ret), former Supreme Allied Commander at NATO
- Jeh Johnson, Partner, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP; former Secretary of Homeland Security (2013 - 2017)
- Sundar Raman, President, Global Home Care and P&G Professional, Procter & Gamble
- Greg Behar, CEO, Nestle Health Sciences