Podcast: Tom Nichols on Biden’s “boring” presidency and a narcissistic nation
Listen: After four years of President Trump lobbing red meat to his base nearly every day, President Joe Biden's first 100 days in office have been refreshingly "boring." He's fired off zero early-morning Twitter rants and picked no fights with professional sport teams nor Mika Brzezinski. That's not to say, however, that he hasn't been busy. Since January 20th, Biden has issued more executive orders than any president since FDR, 40 of them by mid-April. His administration has already blown through their (admittedly low bar) goal of 100 million vaccinations in 100 days, topping 200 million. He's also gotten a record $1.9 trillion stimulus deal through Congress and announced a complete troop withdrawal from Afghanistan by 9/11/21. International relations expert and Atlantic contributor Tom Nichols tells Ian Bremmer that's exactly the kind of "boring" America needs right now, especially at a time when the nation is going through what he calls a "narcissism pandemic."
Subscribe to the GZERO World Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your preferred podcast platform to receive new episodes as soon as they're published.
- What you still may not know about Joe Biden - GZERO Media ›
- Joe Biden's biographer explains: why did “Sleepy Joe” stick ... ›
- Joe Biden's 100-day dash - GZERO Media ›
- What's the verdict on Biden's first 100 days? - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: US national security depends on domestic progress: Jane Harman explains - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: Not infallible: Russia, China, and US democracy with Tom Nichols & Anne-Marie Slaughter - GZERO Media ›