What's causing the global food crisis? Watch our live townhall discussion
WATCH: In partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, GZERO Media presents “Hunger Pains,” a livestream event focused on the growing global food crisis, which could push more than a billion people towards starvation. Food supply chains, already disrupted by the COVID pandemic, are now further roiled by the ongoing war in Ukraine. Droughts and floods tied to climate change are impacting harvests globally and prices continue to rise, driving those most in need further into poverty.
Our experts will discuss the scope of the growing crisis, examine immediate needs and policy priorities, and review solutions that could help future-proof food supplies.
Join host Diana Fox Carney, senior advisor at Eurasia Group, in a live discussion with:
- Ian Bremmer, President and Founder, Eurasia Group and GZERO Media
- Ertharin Cousin, Former Executive Director, UN World Food Programme
- Kathryn Hollifield, Program Manager, Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP)
- David Laborde, Senior Research Fellow, International Food Policy Research Institute
- Thomas Njeru, CEO and Co-Founder, PULA
- Mark Suzman, CEO, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Monday, July 11, 2022 | 2:00 pm ET
- Why we're in the current food crisis — and who could fix it - GZERO ... ›
- How Russia's war is starving the world: food expert Ertharin Cousin ... ›
- Will Putin eat the world's bread? - GZERO Media ›
- In a food crisis, export controls are "worst possible" thing to do, says ... ›
- Ukraine and the global food crisis: how bad will it get? - GZERO Media ›