Podcast: Larry Summers breaks down the banking crisis
Listen: On the GZERO World podcast, Ian Bremmer and former US Treasury Secretary Larry Summers discuss the recent bank failures that are disrupting global markets and worrying investors worldwide. They discuss whether the current situation constitutes a banking crisis and explore the role of inflation in contributing to the problems. As an inflation expert, Summers provides valuable insights and predictions on the duration of the financial turmoil.
Additionally, he warns of the significant changes that AI could bring to traditional hierarchies and proposes a controversial solution for rebuilding Ukraine: seizing frozen Russian assets.Subscribe to the GZERO World Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your preferred podcast platform, to receive new episodes as soon as they're published.
- Podcast: Inflation nation: How Larry Summers predicted skyrocketing prices in the US ›
- Podcast: Making sense of global inflation, looming recession, & economists who disagree ›
- Podcast: China's economic head start & a world accelerating into recession ›
- Podcast: The COVID-damaged global economy surprised Adam Tooze ›
- Ian Explains: Banking turmoil and the panic pandemic - GZERO Media ›